Comments for the board may be e-mailed to the Board Secretary, Diane Laubsch.
Board members may be reached by e-mail by clicking on their names.
North Marion School District
The North Marion School District Board of Directors is comprised of seven elected members serving four-year terms. They commit many hours of their time with the focus on preparing our students for their lives after high school.
- The board's primary responsibility is to establish policies, purposes, programs and procedures, which will best create the best learning experience for our students.
- The board oversees the district's financial affairs by authorizing, appropriating and adopting budgets and by proposing tax levy or bond elections when appropriate and as allowed by law, to provide for program operation and maintenance or acquisition of the district's assets.
- The board will authorize and approve payment on all contracts and business transactions of the district.
- The board will provide for an annual audit of the district's assets.
- The board will direct the collective bargaining process to establish labor contracts with the district's personnel. The board will establish, through the collective bargaining process where appropriate, salaries and salary schedules, other terms and conditions of employment, and personnel policies for district-wide application.
Click here to view the Board of Directors Meeting Schedule for the
2019-20 school year.
School Board Policies
Marion School District policies and procedures are online in a searchable database maintained by the Oregon School Boards Association. CLICK HERE to view by section.
To request copies or for more information about school board policies contact:
North Marion School District 15